Advanced consolidations AE081
General description #
The main function is the modification of the Run Consolidation... action on the Business Units page.
When running the consolidation from the parent company, the subsidiary GL entries are aggregated based on the Consolidation Code and are posted to the accounts which are set in the Consolidation Setup.
New consolidation codes can be defined on the Consolidation Index page. On this page, the description can be specified and codes can be synchronized to subsidiary companies. It is also possible to block the index here, which deletes the Consolidation Setup entries using this index in subsidiary companies and will prevent this index from being used.
The following fields, which are used by the subsidiaries, were added to General Ledger Entries:
- During posting its value is assigned from the Consolidation Setup based on the account number and dimensions in the line. If the code cannot be unambiguously assigned, an error is raised.
Consolidation Code Description
- Assigned from the consolidation index based on the consolidation code.
Mapped Accounts #
Action Show account mapping was added to the Chart of Accounts, G/L Account Card, Consolidation Index and Consolidation Setup pages.
Running this action displays the mapped accounts from the parent and subsidiary companies which are related to the given entry. For example, running this action from consolidation index page in parent company will display the list of accounts in subsidiary companies which are mapped using this index. Likewise, running this action from the chart of accounts in subsidiary company will display the accounts from parent company to which this account is mapped.
Unmapped Accounts #
Action Show unmapped accounts was added to the Chart of Accounts and Consolidation Setup pages. This action displays a filtered chart of accounts where only the accounts, that are not mapped using the consolidation setup, are visible.
Central Dimension Management #
Values of the dimensions, which are specified in General Ledger Setup as the consolidation dimensions, are made uneditable in the subsidiary companies. To complement this, when the dimension values are added, modified, renamed or deleted in the parent company, this change is synchronized to the subsidiary companies. If the value cannot be deleted, because it is already used, then the field Blocked of this value is set.
Action Synchronize Dimensions was added to Dimensions page. This action performs a one-time synchronization of consolidation dimension values. The dimension values that are present in a subsidiary company but not in the parent company are not deleted.
New Consolidation section is added to the General Ledger Setup. It contains the following fields:
Business Unit Type
- Specifies whether the current company is parent or subsidiary.
Parent Company API URL
- URL of the parent company API. Can only be specified if the Business Unit Type is subsidiary. If specified, the displaying of mapped accounts will use the API for transmiting the data.
Parent Authentication Code
- Specifies the code of the REST Authentication that is used for access to the API of the parent company.
Remote Parent Company Name
- Specifies the name of the parent company, which will be accessed via the API. Can only be specified if the Business Unit Type is subsidiary.
Empty Dimension Validation
Specifies how closely must the dimensions of GL entries match the values in Consolidation Setup. The field has following values:
- "Never" - If the Consolidation Setup entry has empty value in consolidation dimension, then GL entries containing any value in this dimension can be matched to this entry.
- "Income Statements Only" - Dimension values of the GL entries where the account is "Income Statement" must exactly match the entries in Consolidation Setup.
- "Always" - Dimension values of all GL entries must exactly match the entries in Consolidation Setup.
- Specifies how closely must the dimensions of GL entries match the values in Consolidation Setup. The field has following values:
Consolidation Dimension 1 Code - Consolidation Dimension 8 Code
- Specifies the dimensions, that cam be used in Consolidation Setup for assigning Consolidation Code to general ledger entries.
- Consolidation Dimension 1 Code must be specified.
On the Business Unit Card page following fields are added:
Consolidation Web API Service
- URL of the subsidiary company API. If specified, the consolidation, index synchronization and displaying of mapped accounts will use the API for transmiting the data.
Consolidation Authentication Code
- Specifies the code of the REST Authentication that is used for access to the consolidation API.
Dimension Web API service
- URL of the subsidiary company API. Must be specified for synchronization of the consolidation dimension to the subsidiary companies.
Dimension Authentication Code
- Specifies the code of the REST Authentication that is used for access to the dimension API.
Consolidation Setup #
Fields on the Consolidation Setup differ depending on the business unit type in General Ledger Setup
- Consolidation Index Code
- Account No.
- Account No.
<Value of the Consolidation Dimension 1 Code field from General Ledger Setup> - <Value of the Consolidation Dimension 8 Code field from General Ledger Setup>
- If Income/Balance is "Balance", then these fields must be empty, otherwise the first of these fields must not be empty.
- Consolidation Index Code
Consolidation Setup Import #
It is possible to import consolidation setup in bulk, via the Consolidation Setup Import page. This page contains 3 groups of actions:
- This group contains action Import. this action imports list of consolidation setups to our page. Everything can be freely modified, and, if needed, deleted.
- This group contains actions Send(Update Existing) and Send(Delete Existing). Both actions are used to import consolidation setups to relevant subsidiary companies, which are specified by relevant Business Units.
- Action Send(Update Existing) looks at the current consolidation setups of subsidiary companies and imports only those consolidation setups that are not alreadz present. No data is modified in the process, meaning, the current consolidation setups are not modified or tinkered with in any way.
- Action Send(Delete Existing) deletes entire lists of present consolidation setups for the relevant subsidiary companies, and imports all the data previously imported from the excel file. This process is irreversible and is only secured by a confirmation. Use with caution.
- This group contains actions Change consolidation index code and Delete combination.
- Action Change consolidation index code finds specific consolidation setups and updates the consolidation index. In case of a combination not being found a log is created, which is displayed at the end of the process. The log shows all the combinations that weren't found in the database.
- Action Delete combination finds specific consolidation setups and deletes them. This action is irreversible and is only secured by a confirmation. Use with caution.