Automatic Pairing of G/L Entries AE008
General Description #
This extension enables to automatically pair general ledger entries. Pairing occurs depending on the settings: either during posting or in a scheduled task in Job Queue Entries.
Pairing of selected entries #
The extension also allows you to start automatic pairing of selected entries directly in the list of General Ledger Entries. Pairing takes place according to the settings on the G/L Account Card.
Select all those rows you want to pair.
On the "General Ledger Entries" page, in the header bar: Actions> Functions> Automatic Pairing.
Under the Automatic Painting action, there is a list of options/criteria according which the entries will be applied. If the Partial Amount Auto Pairing Allowed is not enabled on theG/L Account Card, the system will only apply the entries if the total sum is zero
- In case only one row is selected, during the Batch-Pairing, only the entries that match the selected automatic pairing methods are applied: multiple entries (Debit) versus multiple entries (Credit).
- If multiple rows are selected, during the Batch-Pairing, all entries are applied (Multiple Entries (Debit) vs. Multiple Entries (Credit)) according to the selected automatic pairing methods.
- In case the Single-Pairing option is selected, (One item (Debit) versus multiple entries (Credit)), the selected entry is paired with one other entry only if it is uniquely specified. (If there are multiple entries with the same value/price, the entry will not be applied).
Pairing multiple entries #
To activate this function, it is necessary to set the Enable Apply More General Ledger Entries in the section General, in General Ledger Setup. The extension also allows you, from the General Ledger Entries card, to apply multiple entries at the same time. This action can be found in the section Functions -> Apply More entries.
After choosing this action, the Apply Gen. Ledger Entries page is displayed. On this page it is possible to mark selected items with the Mark action, which marks the entries selected, or with the Mark All action, which marks all entries loaded on the page.
Marked entries can be identified by the field “Applies-to ID” where the ID of the user who marked the entries is displayed . In case a correction needs to be done, the entries can be unmarked by the action Unmark or Unmark All. On the bottom of the page there are information fields, specifically:
- Balance -> specifies the balance of the currently selected rows
- Debit Amount -> Debit amount of currently selected rows
- Credit Amount -> Credit amount of currently selected rows
To apply the marked rows, it is necessary to use the Apply action, which will display a dialog message if we really want to post the application. After confirmation, the application is posted according to the selected items. Already applied entries can be viewed by Applied Entries action.
Closing null entries during posting #
If any entries with zero amount form during posting, the system closes them if the value of the field Automatically Close Null Entries on the page G/L Account Card is set to "Yes".
Procedure 80041 can be planned in the Job Queue to close all null entries created before the deployment of this extension.
The Automatic Pairing settings can be found in the "Entry Pairing" section on the G/L Account Card.
- The "Automatic Entry Pairing" specifies the method according to which the automatic pairing takes place. To disable pairing, select the first (empty) option from the list.
- The "Automatic Entry Pairing Type" determines whether the automatic pairing will take place during the posting or over a scheduled task.
- The "Automatic Entry Pairing Since" specifies the date (using the date format) from which pairing will take place in the scheduled task (Job Queue).
- The "Partial Amount Auto Pairing Allowed" determines whether the entries will be paired even if the total amount is not zero.
On the page G/L Account Card is a field Automatically Close Null Entries (YES / NO), which conditions closing of entries with zero amount during posting.
Task Scheduling #
The scheduled task can be created in the "Job Queue Entries" list.
If we create a new Job Queue Entry, it is necessary to set the new task to ready in the header bar: Process> SetStatus to Ready.
- Object Type to Run – Procedure Codeunit
- Object ID to run - 79002
Furthermore, it is necessary to select the days and time when the job will run. This can be set in the Recurrence section, enabling the days when the task should run.
- Starting Time - determines the time when the job will start running.